Saturday 13 August 2011

Madame

So even though we are under a deadline to get this reno finished, we took a day off. So since I have no progress to share I thought I'd just show some pretty pictures of my family's garden. I'm super jealous since my new yard is postage stamp sized and in some rough shape. I hope to get it into better shape eventually but first things first. I'm also a sucker for pretty books. I'm currently reading a beautiful red leather copy of Madame Bovary. It looks pretty cute on my new recipe book holder.







4 comments:

  1. Helo...thank you ..I wasn't sure what to do about the paint..I didn't want to ruin the affect..they are so wonderful..and thank you for stopping in..it was a great pleasure to hear from you..I love your post as well. Indeed your book does look cute on your recipe holder..it looks divine. I hope you will come back again...hugs Janice..Have a blessed day...O I almost forgot you will have to tell me more how to make the print..of rust

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yes! I will! I'm planning on doing a post on it soon but it involves finding rusty pieces of metal with great curves and shape, such as your piece and using it like a stamp on fabric to imprint that design onto the fabric. I promise I'll get up the instructions shortly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That recipe book holder is beautiful! Love the photo of the lily pond-so pretty.
    -Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for coming by...and that's exsactly what I thought yesterday I just love being able to go outside and pick a few things..I had Swiss Chard for dinner and plucked a few lettuce leaves and some radishes. Have a great day...hugs Janice

    ReplyDelete