Monday, 29 August 2011

Fireplace Update

I thought I would do a side by side picture comparison of my fireplace. Originally we were going to buy a new mantle but when we looked into it, they were all around $500 when it came down to everything, taxes and all. So, thankfully a family friend who is super handy said they would build us one and all we needed to do was get the materials. We accidently bought MDF at first, whoops but went back and got the right supplies. We used just flatstock to cap the sides of the fireplace, same as what we used for the window frames and then our family friend sneakily added the same detailing we used for the bi-fold doors! The fireplace re-do came in at under $100 plus some labour of a family friend which we thanked with lots of good food!

No comments:

Post a Comment